Welcome to Official Website of Bijnor District

District Rural DevelopmentAgency,

1) To identify the families living below the poverty line through survey conducted by the govt. servants working at  field level.

2) To give financial assistance to these B.P.L. families through banks and govt. sponsored schemes.

3) To draw up model plans through technical departments, for executing the labour generating schemes such as Employment Assurance Scheme.

The main schemes implemented by D.R.D.A. are as follows :-

Swarnjayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojna (S.G.S.Y.)

S.G.S.Y. aims at establishing a large number of micro enterprises in the rural areas. The main objective is to    bring assisted B.P.L. families above poverty line in three years (Below an annual income of Rs. 20,000/-, a family is considered below poverty line). To remove poverty SGSY is conceived as programme covering all the aspects of self employment viz. organization of the rural poor into self help groups and the capacity building, planning of activity clusters, infrastructures build up, credit and marketing. It lays emphasis on skill development  through well designed training courses. The swarojgaries are financed through  the banks on the basis of their projects. The subsidy is at 30% of the project cost, subject to a maximum of Rs. 7500/- for general classes and 50% or Rs. 10000/- respectively for SC/ST. For group of swarojgaries the subsidy will be 50% of the project cost subject to maximum of Rs. 1.25 lakh. There is no limit on subsidy for irrigation projects. The funds under this scheme are shared by the centre and state govt. in ratio of 75:25 respectively.

  

Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojna (J.G.S.Y.)

Primary objective of JGSY is to develop village infrastructure by creating durable assets and its secondary objective is generation of supplementary employment for the unemployment poor. the rural areas. The programme is implemented as a centrally sponsored scheme on the basis of 75% funds from the centre and 25% funds from the state govt.

For the  weaker sections of the society special special safe guards are provided, such as 22.5% of the annual allocation is earmarked for SCs/STs. individual beneficiary schemes living below poverty and 30% of the employment opportunities is served for women. The programme is implemented through village Panchayats.

All works  that result in the creation of durable assets can be taken up as per the felt need of the community. However priority is given to  (i) infrastructure for SC/ST habitations. (ii) Community infrastructure for education, link roads and street roads.

The Panchayat will execute the work with the approval of Gram Sabha. No other administrative or technical approval is required to execute the works/schemes upto Rs.50 thousand.

 

Employment Assurance Scheme (E.A.S.)

The primary objective of the EAS is the creation of additional wage employment opportunities through manual work for the rural poor living below the poverty line while the secondary objective is the creation of durable assets for the benefit of the community. The programme is implemented as a centrally sponsored scheme on cost sharing basis between the centre and the state in the ratio of 75:25 respectively.

The programme is open to all the rural poor who are in need of wage employment. However, the preference is given to SC/ST's. The programme is implemented through Zila Panchayat. 70% of the received funds is allocated to Block Panchayats in the ratio of their population and the remaining 30% is allocated to Zila Panchayat, but the Zila Panchayat is responsible for the approval of annual action plan including the funds of Block Panchayat. However Zila Panchayat may take into consideration the proposal of Block Panchayat.Zila Panchayat is also responsible for entrusting works to implementing agencies,supervision and coordination of works and furnishing of necessary reports through DRDA.

The programme is implemented departmentally only. Contractors are not permitted to be engaged for the execution of any work. works taken up are labour intensive. Atl least 60% of the labour component is maintained against the allocated funds. The nature of works taken up is rural link roads and drainage works etc. Muster rolls are maintained for every work separately showing the details of wages paid to workers.

Valid CSS! Web site is best viewed at IE 6.x through IE 8.x, Firefox 18 or Chrome 25 at a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.