DIRECTORATE OF INDUSTRIES & ENTERPRISE PROMOTION
Directorate of Industries and Enterprise Promotion is an executive arm of the Department of Micro Small and Medium Enterprise and Export Promotion which is engaged in implementation of government policies for all-round development of industries in the state and to make Uttar Pradesh a front runner state in terms of entrepreneur development, providing a conducive environment for industrial production and investment. Directorate of Industries and Enterprise Promotion plays an important role in promoting industrial development and generating employment by implementing programmes and schemes of Government of India and State Government.
Role of the Directorate of Industries & Enterprise Promotion are:-
- To promote industrial development and generate employment by implementing programmes and schemes of Government of India and State Government.
- To provide input for policy formulation for industrial development as well as up-gradation of infrastructure.
- Co-ordination with State and Central Government on policy issues and to frame guidelines for execution.
- Preparation of plans and budget proposals.
- Co-ordination with agencies and departments concerned with industries viz. power, pollution, State level corporations and other departments and financial institutions.
- Extension of marketing facility to industrial units through exhibitions, fairs, publicity and promotion.
- Facilitation of Technology up-gradation through associations, institutions, schemes of Government of India and State Government.
- To conduct training, sensitization through entrepreneurship development programmes in order to strengthen human resources in this field.
- Increasing export potential through upgraded infrastructure and managerial skills.
- Capacity building of industries and enterprises through cluster development programme and promotion of traditional industry and handicraft.
- To decide references made to the Micro & Small Enterprises Facilitation Council under MSMED Act.
- Maintenance of 80 Large Industrial Estates and 168 Mini Industrial Estates.
- Conducting of State-wide Industrial Surveys.
The Directorate has pan UP reach through its 75 District Industries & Enterprise Promotion Centers and 18 Zonal Offices.
The Major Services are provided & monitor thorough its field offices for the benefit of entrepreneur.
- Facilitate acknowledgement facility of Udyog Adhaar.
- Promotion of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises.
Promotion of Handicraftsmen.
- Administrations of various incentives under various Policies/Schemes.
- Holding of District Level Udyog Bandhu Meeting.
- Promotion & Development of Clusters.
- Implementation of self employment schemes.
- Organising exhibition fairs & Publicity.
- Grievance redressal of enterprises.
- Guide & Facilitator for Entrepreneurs- Industry & Services.
- Issuance of UAM Acknowledgement to MSMEs as per MSMED Act-2006.
- Planning & Policy Formulation for Industrial Growth.
- Implementation of Central & State Government Self-Employment Schemes.
- Coordination with Central Government & State Departments for Promoting Industrialization.
- Promotion of Handicrafts and Exports.
- Inter-Departmental Coordination.
Phone No-: 0512-2218401, 2234956, 2219166